DESIGNER TOURS & TRAVEL ANTI CORRUPTION POLICY
Designer Tours & Travel anti-corruption policy was first developed in 2012 and revised in 2015. Given the widespread almost acceptable corruption practices in the business world today it became imperative to set up an anti corruption policy to guide the company in dealing with this menace.
Leadership and integrity go hand to hand and the two can’t be separated. The recognition that our daily engagement with our partners and suppliers are all corruption prone informed us in coming up with an anti-corruption policy.
The management of our company is committed to attaining zero tolerance to corruption in the course of its business. The management, staff, stakeholders and partners are committed towards fighting and eradicating any form of corruption by implementing this policy to the letter. To ensure compliance, our corruption prevention Committee has been set. The members are:
- Finance and administration Manager
- Staff members
THE MANDATE OF THE CORRUPTION PREVENTION COMMITTEE:
- Receiving corruption cases and reports
- Spear heading anti corruption campaigns and education within the organization
- Reporting on any corruption case / incidences
- Disciplining of the culprits.
- Protecting whistleblowers
SCOPE/ APPLICABILITY AND REPONSIBILITY
The provisions of this policy shall be binding to all management, our employees, and all other stakeholders including partners with direct or indirect interest with activities of the company and everyone that our company does business with or intends to do business with.
WHAT IS CORRUPTION?
Corruption is a situation where one is involved either directly or indirectly in one or more of the following acts:
- Abuse of office
- Misappropriation of funds
- Breach of trust
- Conflict of interest
- Bid rigging
- Failure to pay taxes, fees or charges payable to public body
AREAS WHERE CORRUPTION IS PRACTICED
- Human resources
- Financial management and practice.
STRUCTURES FOR PREVENTION AND DETECTION OF CORRUPTION IN DESIGNER TOURS & TRAVEL:
- For all our procurement 3 quotations have to be sourced before a decision to procure is made
- All staff recruitment shall be done through a qualified HR company.
- All payouts for services are structured and paid every Friday of the month and no fast tracking of payments is to be made unless the payments follows under the category of urgent services.
- Engagement of an external auditor to prepare and file all our tax returns to ensure compliance with the laid down Kenya Revenue Authority procedures.
Signed on 12/11/2012 by
DESIGNER TOURS & TRAVEL
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER